When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Torrington Deco Stem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hoping to find a Torrington Deco stem as mine just broke...was hoping to stay around $50. Doesn't need to be pretty, character is actually better. Let me know if you have one to go to the cause. Thanks!
1580785016815.png

Just saying it’s gonna be hard to find one for under $50. Most get around $75-100

I know they normally get 75+. Its going on a rough rider bike, so one with cosmetic issues, maybe not a good candidate for a nice bike could be a fit for this ride.

I suggest getting a Wald 3 stem. Period correct, came on damn nearly every prewar bike, plentiful, cheap and not just going to break again. As a $50 Torrington stem is going to be stretched out already. Sorry, just my unsolicited $0.02

I recently broke one of these stems trying to pull it for a bike I sold. It cost me $60 on the deal. They are very brittle. If it's for a "rough rider bike" you may want to consider another option.
Just sayin'.

I like the #3, but I just really prefer the look of the deco. The bike itself isn't going to be abused and ridden hard, it's just a rough paint bike so discoloration or hammer marks or what have you is going to actually match the bike better than a nice one.

Get a wald #3-they are strong. Or any drop forged steel stem for that matter. I have in 40 years broken 7 of the Torrington deco stems by either hitting a pot hole in the road-going off the driveway curb-or assembling them/trying to get them over the braced handlebars. The last one I broke-a car got a little too close on a narrow road and I panic-ed and grabbed the bars too firmly-snap! They are made of pot metal and are a cheap casting anyway. Not repairable. They also work best with a Torrington bar that is swaged. Sometimes the wald bars are slightly undersize and when you tighten them-snap! You're going to have to up the 'annie' to get one. They're normally moving at $75-100.

Back