When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torrington Handlebars

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JO BO

I live for the CABE
Help! I really need a set of Motorcycle style (Shelby braced Torringtons) handlebars. Please let me know if you have anything or know someone who may part with a pair.Thanks JO BO

Tough handlebar to find, I could use a set or 2 myself. I have toyed with the idea of using a set of regular braced bars and adding a few inches to them using some other scrap handlebars. I think the joint would be under the grip. Anybody every try this?

Scott McCaskey
www.thecabe.com

Brian Kunzog recommended to me to use a dowel in the end to extend them.I know this would work, but just to maintain originality, I sure would like to have a correct pair to work with.Thanks Jo Bo

Actually, there is more to these bars than just longer tubing in the handle grip area. The cross bar itself is set back a bit further... a modification much more difficult (but not impossible) to make. You could probably just cut the ends off the bars, cross-bar and all... drill new holes for where you want the cross-bar to be, and weld the new extensions back on. With some skilled welding and finishing, this could be done to where nobody could tell the difference from originals.

DS

Thanks Dave; I was wondering about crossbar placement.Do you have the exact dimensions of all measurments? Thanks JO BO

I wonder how many different lengths there are of the "harley' style bar with the washer in where the brace goes.... I know of at least 3

I wonder how many different lengths there are of the "harley' style bar with the washer in where the brace goes.... I know of at least 3

Do ya have a pick of what your looking for ?? I have a really nice set of long
Pull back Torringtons there early just need to know if this is what your looking for guys ?

Bigger bars...

Bike, Why did you bump this old thread? I have seen JB weld and Sleeved bars that are great under the grip....
Do ya have a pick of what your looking for ?? I have a really nice set of long
Pull back Torringtons there early just need to know if this is what your looking for guys ?
IMG_8558.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back