When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tow Truck Bike Build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

StevieZ

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have had this 80s Style Huffy Kicking around my shop for a long time. Have been thinking about Building a Tow Truck Bike for a long time. So I finally said lets do this for the build off. On www.Musclebikeamerica.com This bike was not to bad to start off with. I had some white tires. Along with a nice set of wheels. Also I think the drop stand will work the best for this. As they are pretty Stable. I made the rear part out of wood to get the shapes and angels I needed just right. Once I get them pretty much set. I will take it off and make it out of steal. Have to do some welding and cutting then. Hear are a fe Pics so far.

towbike1.jpg

towbike2.jpg

towbike3.jpg

towbike4.jpg

towbike5.jpg

towbike6.jpg

towbike7.jpg

towbike8.jpg

Very interesting idea. Hmm,,trike conversion with a toolbox with this sweet boom rig. Add some patina, with some old school lettering.

Ok finally making some great progress on this. I got all my metal to make my wheel lift for the back. After some cutting and bending and so on. I got it just about where I need it to be. I got this all together last night. It works rolling it around the room,. I really want to try it on the road to see how it really works. Tell me what ya think!!!!!

tow rig 2.jpg

tow rig 7.jpg

tow rig 8.jpg

tow rig1.jpg

tow rig4.jpg

tow rig5.jpg

tow rig6.jpg

OK so now I am making big progress. I had to add more reinforcements to the lift part to make it a little more solid. Also I loaded the bars and fork tubes with sand so it helps to balance it out a lot more. I put the rack on the front so that I had a spot to put the straps for the lift. Along with getting my head light and tail lights mounted today. I started the wiring for that as well. I am going to run all the wiring to the front of the frame, and use Diamond plate on both sides of the frame to hide the wiering and the box for the strob lights. I think the Diamond plate on the sides of the frame will give me a good spot to mount the switches for the lights and the strobe lights.
tow bike 12.jpg
tow bike 13.jpg
tow bike 14.jpg
tow bike 15.jpg
tow bike 17.jpg
tow bike 18.jpg
tow bike 19.jpg
tow bike11.jpg

Totally awesome!

Very cool my friend, my hats off to you and your creative ingenuity!

Thank you!!! Still a few things left to do. Then going to take it apart and get some paint on it.

Back