When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Town & country

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Actually I have heard that schwinn made l a 26" Town and Country's. They were built in the late 80's, I wanna say 86 or 87 and they were one year only.

Actually I have heard that schwinn made l a 26" Town and Country's. They were built in the late 80's, I wanna say 86 or 87 and they were one year only.

If they were late 80's then they were not made by Schwinn, but made in China or Taiwan for Schwinn.

I just wanted to add the lil bit of knowledge i have about the Town and Country's. From 1968-1973 they used the traditional Ret Bar Style trike rear end (the trike rear ends that used a stock front and back wheels on the rear end) from 1974-1982 the used the dual drive rear ends (these used special rear rims that were keyed and would slide onto the rear axle and would just have a pin on the end to keep wheel from sliding out. From 68-73 they were offered as single speed coaster brake, 2 speed kickback hub (which was last offered in 1970) and 3 speed sa hub (i am unsure if sa hub was a regular 3 speed or if it was a 3 speed hub with coaster brake. If it was regular 3 speed sa hub it would have been stupid to just rely on front brake as only means of being able to brake) from 74-82 they were only available as single speed coaster brake and 3 speed Shimano 3cc coaster brake hub. They all came with parking brake fron caliper lever. Also early dual drive models (post 74 and newer) had two diffeences compared to 75 and newer models. Early dual drives used keyed hubs that had what looks like a hexagon nut casted on the end of hub and also the lower trike rear end frame had an extra plate that would held secure trike frame to bike frame that went in between chain stays.

Back