When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Town & country

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Actually the the only version available in the drop down was the 24" one. Also the ad says 24" and 37-547 if you look closely, and I linked the AISN for the 24", but it also says 26" in one place, and then loads all the reviews for the 26". That was the confusing part. I'm not sure what you would get.

Another one of those deals. Like buying a pair of shoes online. 🤣 Before everyone was out of stock, these tires were 19 bucks. The situation doesn't seem like it's going to get any better anytime soon so if one can actually find them, they better jump on it.

I run into stuff like this on amazon quite a bit. A whole page of information, but the one critical spec that determines whether you can use it is ambiguous or entirely missing.

UPDATE..... I was able to purchase 3 - 37-547 tires on amazon supplied by Bells Bike Shop in Philly, they were reasonably priced with free shipping & although it took a month to get them, they did arrive within the dates that Bells specified.

While doing a little research on the T & C I stumbled upon a web page entitled "The Work Horses of Park Tool".
They have 2 T&C in their small fleet and have the specs listed for each, I noted that both of their T&C's are listed as having 26" wheels. Maybe I am blind but I have never, in all the digging I have done seen any mention of the T&C being built with 26" wheels. Can any of you confirm this or maybe point me in the right direction? It is entirely possible that I missed it being heavily focused on my initial search. T I A. P.S. I am still searching.

While doing a little research on the T & C I stumbled upon a web page entitled "The Work Horses of Park Tool".
They have 2 T&C in their small fleet and have the specs listed for each, I noted that both of their T&C's are listed as having 26" wheels. Maybe I am blind but I have never, in all the digging I have done seen any mention of the T&C being built with 26" wheels. Can any of you confirm this or maybe point me in the right direction? It is entirely possible that I missed it being heavily focused on my initial search. T I A. P.S. I am still searching.

Were those Park Tool T & C's actually Schwinn manufactured? And what is the date of manufacture on those if they were? Schwinn's first production of these were the 1968 models with 1 3/8" tires. They may have produced some with 26" wheels but I've never seen one. Note in this catalog page they say lower frame design.

1649874595456.png

I think Park messed up on the specs. Read their heading paragraph.

The trikes are a favorite here. When you are not pedaling, you have a chair. The baskets make for easy hauling of lots of heavier items. This blue Town and Country is a 24-inch wheeled trike and has a Shimano three-speed hub. The shifter is at the bars, next to the blue grips. There is a coaster brake built into the hub and a front brake as well. The three-speed transmission is built into the frame, not at the wheel hub. This Town and Country was made in 1976.

Last edited:
Here's their specs and a 26" wheel doesn't have 28 spokes or the ISO of 547.

Wheels: Front 26″ steel rim, 28 hole, 2mm galvanized Union spokes
Tires: Kenda 26″ x 1-1/4″ (33x547)

Last edited:

I think that may just be a typo? If you look at the short description for pic 5, you will see it listed as 24" wheels, then in the complete specs futher down on the page they list them incorrectly as 26"

Back