When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Trade My 1914/15 American Bike for your Canadian Bike or Sell

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian R.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm concentrating my collection more on Canadian-made bikes, so I will be selling this American bike even though it's the best original condition wood rim bike I have. With help from CABE'rs it's been identified as a 1914/15 Viking, made by Pope Manufacturing Company in Westfield. I bought it about 7 years ago in Bay City Michigan from the grandson of the original owner. It was placed in the basement in the 1960s when the family couldn't get tubular tires for the wood rims.

This bike is a real survivor, with original everything except the pedals, and the the reproduction Universal cushion tires and gas lamp I bought for it. It's in riding condition. The rims are almost perfectly straight, the spokes are tight, and I cleaned out both hubs and the bottom bracket and packed in new grease.

The hub is a Morrow by the Eclipse Machine Co, with patent dates of 1904 and 1909.
The saddle is a Persons Redwing Olympia, with patent dates of 1910 and 1911. It is very fragile and is best used for display only. It started to crack and I glued a piece of leather behind the crack in an effort of preservation.
The wood rims were made by E.J. Lobdell in Onaway, Michigan.

I'm interested in trading it for a wood rim Canadian-made bike, especially one that's pre 1900 if possible since I don't have one in my collection as of yet. I would also take an original paint CCM Flyer since I don't have one of those either. I know this is a long shot, but I thought maybe a CABE'r in the U.S. is holding an old Canadian bike they don't know what to do with. For a list of Canadian makers, see the sign-off text at the bottom of this page, above my name.

If a trade is not in the cards, I will sell. To fulfill the requirement of stating a price, I will say $1,200 US.
I'd like to keep the gas lamp if that's ok.

As for location, I'm in Toronto, Canada, which is about a one hour drive from Buffalo, NY. I'm not super keen on shipping, and the bike is very heavy with those Universal solid rubber tires. It would be great if we could both drive and meet half way, but I will ship if I have to and the price or trade makes it worthwhile.

It's a special bike and I hope it goes to a good home.
-Brian
Viking21.jpg

Viking22.jpg
Viking22a.jpg
Viking23.jpg
Viking24.jpg
Viking25.jpg
Viking26.jpg
Viking27.jpg
Viking28.jpg
Viking29.jpg
Viking8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm concentrating my collection more on Canadian-made bikes, so I will be selling this American bike even though it's the best original condition wood rim bike I have. With help from CABE'rs it's been identified as a 1914/15 Viking, made by Pope Manufacturing Company in Westfield. I bought it about 7 years ago in Bay City Michigan from the grandson of the original owner. It was placed in the basement in the 1960s when the family couldn't get tubular tires for the wood rims.

This bike is a real survivor, with original everything except the pedals, and the the reproduction Universal cushion tires and gas lamp I bought for it. It's in riding condition. The rims are almost perfectly straight, the spokes are tight, and I cleaned out both hubs and the bottom bracket and packed in new grease.

The hub is a Morrow by the Eclipse Machine Co, with patent dates of 1904 and 1909.
The saddle is a Persons Redwing Olympia, with patent dates of 1910 and 1911. It is very fragile and is best used for display only. It started to crack and I glued a piece of leather behind the crack in an effort of preservation.
The wood rims were made by E.J. Lobdell in Onaway, Michigan.

I'm interested in trading it for a wood rim Canadian-made bike, especially one that's pre 1900 if possible since I don't have one in my collection as of yet. I would also take an original paint CCM Flyer since I don't have one of those either. I know this is a long shot, but I thought maybe a CABE'r in the U.S. is holding an old Canadian bike they don't know what to do with. For a list of Canadian makers, see the sign-off text at the bottom of this page, above my name.

If a trade is not in the cards, I will sell. To fulfill the requirement of stating a price, I will say $1,200 US.
I'd like to keep the gas lamp if that's ok.

As for location, I'm in Toronto, Canada, which is about a one hour drive from Buffalo, NY. I'm not super keen on shipping, and the bike is very heavy with those Universal solid rubber tires. It would be great if we could both drive and meet half way, but I will ship if I have to and the price or trade makes it worthwhile.

It's a special bike and I hope it goes to a good home.
-BrianView attachment 651438
View attachment 651439 View attachment 651440 View attachment 651441 View attachment 651442 View attachment 651443 View attachment 651444 View attachment 651446 View attachment 651447 View attachment 651448 View attachment 651449
Now, that`s a Bike- Very Nice!!!----------Cowboy

What a beauty, to bad i wasnt a bit closer, plus im about 10 yrs to late ive had 2 very original massey silver ribbon cycles sold in 2003-2008 should have photos if you ever want to see them..

I will consider lower priced offers for the bike without the Universal tires and gas lamp.

Back