When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trailblazer, let's see how this develops.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

piercer_99

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It is starting with this. (more to come)
circa 1927 Hawthorne Trailblazer.

needs serious cleaning, a bit of metal fill on the chain stays, see how it looks after cleaning it, may just shoot a clear matte over what is left of the paint.

I have a set of mud guards to use on it, probably use a Westfield chain wheel that I have. It will be a franken bike, time will tell.

Last edited:
So I started cleaning the lichens and crud off the frame, still have to do some repairs on the chain stays.

The Hawthorne has a 1927 Westfield serial number on it. Surprisingly, the bottom bracket, stays, rear fork, heck the entire frame except the top and mid tube are identical to my 1929 Westfield.

So that all leads me to believe, that Westfield manufactured the machine for Wards.

It's going to take some work.
I do have a junk 1930 Westfield that I will use for donor parts. Crank set, chainring, headset bearings and cups. Seat tube binder.

The fun has begun.

Great frame Pierce. It will ride nice when you get it all greased up and rolling!
Below is info regarding the Hermes guy on your badge..
Hermes (/ˈhɜːrmiːz/; Greek: Ἑρμῆς) is a deity in Ancient Greek religion and mythology. Son of Zeus. Hermes is cunning and clever, agile and tricky, resourceful and wily, dreamer, thief and flatterer, energetic and restless are some of his key features. He is the god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence, messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld....His name is probably derived from herma (see herm), the Greek word for a heap of stones, such as was used in the country to indicate boundaries or as a landmark.
He is often depicted holding the caduceus in his left hand. Similar to his Greek equivalent Hermes, he was awarded the caduceus by Apollo who handed him a magic wand, which later turned into the caduceus. In Roman iconography, it was often depicted being carried in the left hand of Mercury, the messenger of the gods, guide of the dead, and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars, and thieves. Some accounts suggest that the oldest known imagery of the caduceus has its roots in a Mesopotamian origin with the Sumerian god Ningishzida; whose symbol, a staff with two snakes intertwined around it, dates back to 4000 BC to 3000 BC.

1584230505771.png

Its similarity to the staff of Asclepius the healer (a staff branched at the top and entwined by a single serpent) resulted in modern times in the adoption of the caduceus as a symbol of the physician and as the emblem of the U.S. Army Medical Corps.
The caduceus is often incorrectly used as a symbol of healthcare organizations and medical practice.

Last edited:
Back