When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trailer theft update.. warning

-
trailer theft protection get a ball cu the threded part off make a round ball put that in your trailer hitch then push the lever down and put a lock in it lock it down they make locks for that little hole where u put a safety pin

I did that with mine when I got it. It's still sitting in the driveway as of this morning.... Of course, there is the "If they want it, they will find a way to take it." A friend had a 28 foot camper sitting in his side yard with they same thing done on it, and one morning a couple of years ago when he got up, there was no camper in the yard. It was never recovered as far as anyone knows.

Thievin' bastages!

REC

Last edited:
Having a hitch lock is worthless. I have two trailers and trying to keep them from getting ripped off is not an easy situation. Years ago I worked for a guy that had all the company tools in the back of a 1978 K-5 Blazer. He parked it in his driveway backed up to the garage door and locked it. One morning he crapped his pants. Some person(s) disconnected the driveshaft and pushed the Blazer out so they could open the tail gate after busting out a window.
Here's how easy it is to steal a trailer with a hitch lock.

What I would like to know is where do you people live? I leave my keys in my vehicles never lock the ignition on my motorcycles I dont lock trailers or anything. I dont even have to prepay for gas where I live. I have never had a theft problem. People around here work they dont have to rip people off!!

that's why you need to do something slow them down, I've seen 'boots' on tires, as well as both wheels with large 'logging' chains connecting them together..make it hard for them (they'll go for the easiest mark)

What I would like to know is where do you people live? I leave my keys in my vehicles never lock the ignition on my motorcycles I dont lock trailers or anything. I dont even have to prepay for gas where I live. I have never had a theft problem. People around here work they dont have to rip people off!!

The Sanctuary State.

The Sanctuary State.

smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif

Where I live has seen a upswing of homeless people past few years..Some how they seem to caravan around and park in discreet areas to live and scope the area out.yes there are real homeless but these people have the career of doing what they want ....nothing but getting free stuff by bumming.... yes I used to leave my car unlocked but that’s 30 years ago. In a small town but not now...You have to watch your stuff constantly. They pop up and stay in thier car, van ,travel trailer, and motor homes till they get noticed then leave thier garbage and move on...Seems there is some sort of sentiment because they are homeless towards them and the just get pushed around... my trailer is an small pathetic example... it could be your car, your house... a person missing and yes even your pet. It’s a real concern. If you bike they know ....if your walk the dog...they know... I see it... some of my neighbors see it too.. if you work all day and come home you don’t notice them it till it’s too late....

Back