When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transforming Tess (1946 Shelby Traveler)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm going to start and the end thus far and talk and talk about working on the rack I just got today from @JMack

I have a chrome rack, sorry but it's going to by color coordinated with the rest of the bike...

Shelby rack painting (1).JPG
Shelby rack painting (2).JPG
Shelby rack painting (3).JPG
Shelby rack painting (4).JPG
Shelby rack painting (5).JPG
Shelby rack painting (6).JPG

I got all the missed spots already so it should be ready for paint tomorrow...

Shelby rack painting (7).JPG

Shelby rack painting (8).JPG

Too cold for now, need to have it at least 40-45F for around an hour to dry enough to bring it in to finish, THEN another day or so for the bottom and arms.

I have the top side red now, have to go get another can and do the underside and arms and if the weather hold out for me just a day or two more I will have a painted rack to install! The Painter's Touch 2X is surprisingly resilient when left to cure at low temperatures and then brought in to finish by the wall heater. This is good because conditions are falling apart for painting at all.

It snowed today so I really need a warm place to paint the rest of the rack. It will probably be warm again next week I hear though.

And back after a long hiatus...it looks like I might have my TANK! More down the road on that as it develops.

Now, here are two things I still want for Tess...this is a picture from a ad for a bike sold by @THEGOLDENGREEK

A sold Shelby from the CABE captions.jpg

I was in touch with someone about parts but had no luck in my search there, I thank them for looking. Oddly enough I have the same Red Guard saved for mine.

If you have anything I could use, please use the messaging system and talk to me? The light is probably of higher priority.

My tank came today from @MrAustralia
Deja View (1).JPG

Deja View (2).JPG

and I got to looking at it and realized that black and white with red striping would be PERFECT on my bike, so it stays that way with some repairs to the chipped paint. The effort to get the deal done was definitely worth it! Thank you!

I covered and masked off the white areas around the screw holes, sanded down some and sprayed some flat white, it's probably close enough to blend in. I sent a message to Mr. Australia asking about the 'dark blue metallic' paint around the edge (it's not really black). I hope to finish fixing it up before the weather turns cold and bad for the winter.

There were a couple-three painting task to do today and I have some of most of them either done or close to.

Back