When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trash or Treasure Montgomery Ward - Hawthorne No visible SN# Found

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Trash or treasure? Before I repurpose this mid-century modern Montgomery Ward Hawthorne into a planter or yard-art I thought I best check with the experts to see if it has any value beyond “Objet d’art”. I looked closely for a serial number and only found the letters SE stamped on the left rear dropout. The head badge is metal and riveted on with the curious address of Chicago “7” , Ill. Seat, bars and rear rack all look OEM, but as you can see the front basket rack braces are still in place and all that remains of what may have been attachedView attachment 1362732

View attachment 1362733
Does anyone have any idea of the age and value to collectors? Thanks for your help.
I would think this is a early to mid 60's Synder built bike, and as far as value goes maybe $75.00 -80.00 tops. Really not treasure, yet not trash either. Good luck and RideOn. Razin.

For $50-75 I myself have bought bikes to do something custom with! This would be a Good candidate for somebody to learn to work on, learn to bring back to original (we all have had some practice over the years) & or turn into a chopped up custom of your creativity without feeling bad.

I know the SEX CHANGE seems to be the rage these days, just a matter of finding the tank to do it. Always a viable option none the less. Always keep an open mind is my philosophy. To each his own. Just have fun with it. RideOn. Razin.
Even build your own; some sheet metal or even wood & this could be built into a board tracker on some 24" or 26 x1.75/2.125"+ tires with a few pieces of pipe & welding. Has ALL Kinds of potential ....

Even build your own; some sheet metal or even wood & this could be built into a board tracker on some 24" or 26 x1.75/2.125"+ tires with a few pieces of pipe & welding. Has ALL Kinds of potential ....
Hell yeah!! Go for it. That would give a guy some bragging rites for sure. Just do it!! Razin.

Back