When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trash or Treasure Montgomery Ward - Hawthorne No visible SN# Found

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I will throw my hat into the ring on this one because I have learned a really different outlook on this subject.
As most vintage bike collectors know, you will often end up with bikes like this in group-buys or just end up with them given to you and at the end of the day they arent worth dealing with in alot of situations.
I realized after years of doing this, that there are actually a decent amount of young girls and ladies who are into restoring and riding vintage bikes and just cant jump right in with a Phantom or an Elgin or something of that nature. I started posting them for real cheap, like 50-75 bucks and I was surprised to sell all of them to 18-30 year old women who were actually going to rebuild and ride them.
So....having said that, instead of letting to go back into the earth, maybe pass this one to a girl to build as her own starter bike and stoke the flames of passion in someone else.
What a Great idea!!!!

What a Great idea!!!!
i have done the same exact thing two years ago at an antique engine show that my brother got a Wards Hawthorne girls bike he found at a farm auction he picked up for nothing, and was riding around and a young lady bought for $45.00 and was happy to get it. Just goes to show theirs always somebody looking for old girls bikes. Trash, maybe not. Sometimes somebody's junk is another's treasure. RideOn. Razin.

Perhaps a TRM "convertible tank" would make it look like a boys bike and you'd be comfortable riding it. Google it and look at some images.
I know I want like 4 of those tanks! Hahaha. Another reason Not to snub girls frames.

....or you could do something more interesting. Definitely try to get a future engineer involved. Engineering professors complain that their students lack practical experience with "things", which can be a problem when they are trying to describe mechanical principles. Have fun!

Is this an original paint bike? And who says you can't have fun with a girls bike. Really a nice looking Hawthrone. My aunt Jeanette worked for Wards back in the 40's-60's and sold lots of these back in my home town of Platteville wisconsin many moons ago. I just love the COOL speedo and light on this bike. Can't have to many head lites on these old bikes. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

Is this an original paint bike? And who says you can't have fun with a girls bike. Really a nice looking Hawthrone. My aunt Jeanette worked for Wards back in the 40's-60's and sold lots of these back in my home town of Platteville wisconsin many moons ago. I just love the COOL speedo and light on this bike. Can't have to many head lites on these old bikes. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.
This is my sister’s childhood bike I restored for her a couple years ago for Christmas. Here’s a before pic after I pulled it down from the garage rafters after almost 50 years

12AA280D-C428-4197-8560-E472C7098DE9.jpeg

I actually have a couple of these Snyder built Firestone 500 bikes that i picked up for nothing that iv'e been using for parts bikes. I went crazy with a rattle can of true value blue on the white one cause i simply don't like the color so i changed it IMMEDIATELY to the blue which happens to be my favorite color. not the best looking paint job, but it's better than white any day. Oh well haven't even ridden it yet any way.

Back