When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRAVIS chrome bike motor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you for your reply. It is still possible to mount the motor on the front forks and still have some front suspension whereby the bike frame is attached to a link behind the forks and the bike frame goes up and down however the motor attached to the front forks axle and wheel stays as one unit. I have a number of examples which I could photograph for you and send you, some of which would be reproduceable. The problem with mounting the motor (and the Travis is quite heavy) on part of the suspension link is that you have to overcome the inertia after a bump of the motor going upwards. If you increase the tension of the motor (roller) to the tyre you have to increase the front tyre pressure substantially as if you get too much "dent" in the tyre under the roller then the roller is effectively trying to go uphill instead of dragging the tyre forward. Let me know if I can help you with some photos of some examples from my collection.

Hello All,
I just purchased a Travis bike motor and am looking for any and all literature I can get my hands on.
please reach out to me with info. I am happy to pay for a copy of such info.

Hello All,
I just purchased a Travis bike motor and am looking for any and all literature I can get my hands on.
please reach out to me with info. I am happy to pay for a copy of such info.
I have one, "rebuilt" it and mounted on a Western Flyer girls bike. running well.
Where are you located?

Just doing some final adjustments on mine and may consider selling it soon. Mounted on girls Western Flyer.

Back