When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRAVIS chrome bike motor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dropacent

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
beautiful Travis bike motor , excellent condition .these are getting tough to find. I have another and love it ! $950. Can deliver to memory lane on Friday, if that would help. We can ship worldwide, too. Located northern Ohio 44857. Thanks CABE !

AMAZING!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
SO MUCH FUN TO PUT ON YOUR BIKE AND RIDE AWAY!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
GOOD LUCK!

WHEN I HAD MY TRAVIS 20MPH WAS TOP SPEED!
COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE WHIZZER GUYS!
INCIDENTALLY I HAVE COPIES OF BOB BAKER NEWS
LETTER POSTED ON FOR SALE PARTS, ETC.

I own a Travis bike motor and I am seeking to communicate with someone regarding a few spare parts and some small technical details such as what was the original outside diameter of the roller drive and are any of the replacement rollers available or has someone had some experience in making an alternative roller such as hardened steel? Another item of interest what was the difference between the two motors for the 1hp version versus the 1.5hp? I am based in Napier, New Zealand and have a collection of cyclemotors, quite a few USA origin. Geoffrey

I HAVE A COPY OF THE TRAVIS MOTOR INSTALLATIONS AND PARTS LIST IF YOUR INTERESTED?
COUPLE OF BUCKS FOR A COPY, BUT NO IDEA ABOUT MAILING COSTS TO NEW ZEALAND. THERE IS ALSO A
FORMER SCHWINN DEALER IN CHICAGO THAT MAY HAVE SOME PARTS. I THINK IT'S CALLED RICHARDS SCHWINN.

I HAVE A COPY OF THE TRAVIS MOTOR INSTALLATIONS AND PARTS LIST IF YOUR INTERESTED?
COUPLE OF BUCKS FOR A COPY, BUT NO IDEA ABOUT MAILING COSTS TO NEW ZEALAND. THERE IS ALSO A
FORMER SCHWINN DEALER IN CHICAGO THAT MAY HAVE SOME PARTS. I THINK IT'S CALLED RICHARDS SCHWINN.

Thank you for your offer but I already have these papers. I would really like to chat with someone who has a Travis bike engine up and running to ask some questions. Is that person you Wes or is there someone else on the forum? Thanks Geoffrey

THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A LARGE FOLLOWING ON TRAVIS.
I OWNED ONE AS A KID AND ANOTHER THAT I HAD TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO
THAT I DID INSTALL AND GET RUNNING. I KEPT IT ABOUT TWO YEARS UNTIL
I COULD NOT HAVE ANY MORE FUN WITH IT.
PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT; AND MAYBE I CAN TRY AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
[email protected]

My take as an owner and lover of Travis bike motors. These were very high quaility, made and sold in Chicago. They were introduced just as so many bike manufacturers were coming out with front springer bikes. This was very bad timing, as without some serious rework, they do not easily work on these bikes. I have added one to my rusty roadmaster, and every time I ride it, I feel like the coolest kid on the block. I can only imagine how proud a kid in the 50's owning one of these would feel! As to quick details, I made a seperate mounting bracket as it cannot be mounted to the front fork of a springer bike. I also had to reverse the carb mount, and all that entails. Very doable, and only took some thinking. The one further thing I need to do is lock the front springs , I have a couple ideas to do that, as any bounce causes the drive roller to lose contact. My goal is to do any modifications without harming the original bike. I kept my original fender, and found another to cut. Hope this is a little help. Still dealing with a bit of crud in the gas tank, and then hope to be riding it a lot more this summer ! Sorry , no video yet. It says it's still too large.

Back