When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trelleborg 622 20 x 1 3/4 Tires? Approx age? Usage? Tread pattern name?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MikeXToronto

On Training Wheels
Hi all!

I just uncovered these Trelleborg tires and am hoping for a bit more info. Yes, they will eventually be put up for sale which is why I'd like to learn more about them.

Has anyone got an idea of their possible age? Which type of bikes were they being used on or used for? Is there a particular name for this tread pattern? I've seen 'Brick', 'Diamond,' etc.

thank you all in advance for any assistance.

trelleborg-tires- - 1.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 2.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 3.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 4.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 5.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 6.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 7.jpeg

trelleborg-tires- - 8.jpeg

They are a late 1960's, early 1970's over the counter replacement tire for a Schwinn 20 inch S-7 rim, like the rims used on the front of a Schwinn Sting-Ray. Trelleborg tires usually have some good thick rubber and make good riding tires, but they aren't something Schwinn Sting-Ray collectors would want for an original bike. Schwinn bikes came stock with tires that were marked Schwinn. The tire size is only for Schwinn bikes, they will not fit a Murray or Huffy muscle bike.

If I had to guess at a value, I'd say they might be worth $20 each?

Back