When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribike - Wow, never saw one of these before.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rambler

I live for the CABE
Looks like center wheel extends further down as child learns how to balance. Anyone have idea what year it is from? I'm guessing maybe 1930's??? never saw one before.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2550910/fp1434.cgi

I would jump on it simply for that Killer saddle !!!
Yes, that saddle probably predates the trike by about 20 years or more and still looks in great condition. I've seen that style saddle on Worthington trikes from the 1910s period. Here's an ad at the bottom of this post from 1911 for the Worthington Fairy w/identical saddle.

Another company also made a similar convertible trike/bike during the 1930s, it's called a Velo-Bike. Here's a couple photos of one:

D1930sVeloBike1.JPG

D1930sVeloBike1a.JPG

Here's a TriBike photo showing original paint and pin stripes. This one is in the UK online museum ( https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/1949-tribike-tricycle-tribike-co-mineola-ny/ ) and once belonged to the Dionne Quintuplets...even has the Quint's name on it. They must have each had one because that museum site also has an old postcard photo showing a few of them riding their TriBikes. So, where are the other four?

1949-Tribike-Mineola-NY-05.jpg

1911 Worthington Fairy.jpg

Last edited:
Soooooooooo up bright and early making plans and drawing out country road maps to Rural Retreat....
I have had this nagging feeling that that auction was familiar but couldn't put my finger on why....

Spoke to the A OK auctioneer today and confirmed my suspicion, I had seen that auction before, 7 years ago when it took place.
For whatever reason the listing on auctionzip came back around but all of the gold from that auction has long since hit the block and then the road.

Soooooooooo up bright and early making plans and drawing out country road maps to Rural Retreat....
I have had this nagging feeling that that auction was familiar but couldn't put my finger on why....

Spoke to the A OK auctioneer today and confirmed my suspicion, I had seen that auction before, 7 years ago when it took place.
For whatever reason the listing on auctionzip came back around but all of the gold from that auction has long since hit the block and then the road.
I finally figured that out as well. I have no idea why it showed up on Auction Zip as a current auction and I too called and spoke with the auctioneer and found out it took place 7 years ago. I was able to delete the other auction postings but this post for some reason the CABE will not let me edit the post to remove the auction reference even though I was the one to create the post in the first place. Not sure why the CABE will not let me edit my own post but hopefully no one else will attempt to attend the Rural Retreat auction.

Back