When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribune Blue Streak 1899

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldspoke

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello All,

Here are a couple of pictures of a 1899 Model 44 Tribune Blue Streak Light Roadster . This was similar to Charles "Mile - a - Minute" Murphy's Blue Streak although his cycle was the track racer , I believe. The serial number of this bike is 45929 . Someone was collecting theses at one point. The Tribune color , Robin's Egg Blue, is very similar to Bianchi's Celeste .

The tires are actually tubes only. I would love to find narrow single tube 30 inch tires - unlikely .

Glenn
P4040021.JPG

P4040022.JPG

P4040023.JPG

P4040024.JPG

P4040026.JPG

P4040025.JPG

P4040027.JPG

Great Tribune!
You can heat up some Robert Dean 28” smooth tread white single tube tires and stretch them over 30” rims.
I’m doing this on my 30” Stutzman rims.

Robert Dean Tires
28 x 1 1/2" ribbed tread and 28 x 1-3/4” smooth tread tires for sale. They are $150-175 each includes shipping.
Robert Dean Sr.
628 Jefferson St.
Saint Albans, WV 25177
They are black, red or white, 4 ply , no name or size on side wall
Hours are 5 PM - 9 PM EST M-F and 9 AM - 9 PM Saturday. 304-722-3115

Last edited:
Actually Glenn, my dad made some 30" tires. The trick would be to figure out which ones they are. The difference was the absence of the nylon cord inside so they could stretch. Next time I'm down at my parents, I'll poke around and see what I can find.

-Lester

Back