When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute Harley Davison

-

Jon Olson

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is made from vintage bicycle parts I collected over the past years. The fork was made from an old fork, that a welder friend modified from a drawing of mine. The chain ring and badge are reproductions and were from Bob Barns (Pictured with Jay Leno) in a trade at a Long Beach swap meet. The bicycle was used to show what bicycles looked like during WWI, for a bicycle museum show I did during the Amgen Tour of California. I used 700cm rims with a period correct rear brake and did it to ride! This was a fun project and was made for displaying period parts.

When I bought this bike, I was told, that it was offered to Jay Leno right before me, but he decided to pass on it.
Leno was at the event where this picture was taken, and I could tell, he recognized the bike when he saw it.
Maybe I’m reading into it, but the look in his eye, was one of, Dang! I should’ve bought it when I had the chance.

I’m sure the seller was trying to gouge him for his celebrity, which Jay Leno will never fall for.
So, his determination was my gain.
Thanks, Jay!
I really appreciate it!

Back