When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle HELP... What is it?

-

invesions

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello All,

Can someone help identify what this is and the potential value? I received it free (so that's a great deal), but I want to know an estimate value as it stands and or if anyone feels it would be worth restoring?

It has a Mercury badge on the front. Looks like someone spray painted some areas of the trike as well... not

Thanks in advance for your help!

View attachment 147425View attachment 147425
image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Last edited:
You are correct. Along with the Murray badged counterparts, these don't have a great deal of value since they are quite common for 1950s era tricycles. It would be a fairly easy restoration...tires that would fit come up regularly on ebay or you could post an ad in the wanted to buy forum here on this site. This tricycle takes a 16x1.75 size tire on the front and 14x1.75 on the rear. The seat is no doubt original - Murray usually used a little nicer Troxel seat on their Mercury badged trikes. you could probably do a fairly decent job of adding new padding and vinyl cover to the top. Wish you success with your restoration should you decide to fix it up.

Dave

Last edited:
The other side

this is not a valuable tricycle either in this condition or restored- so if you put money in it do it for your own satisfaction.

Thanks Everyone! I think it will make a good decorator piece as is.

I'm more of a bike guy anyway ; )

Back