When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle ID-Firestone by ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kkendrick

On Training Wheels
Can anyone help with more information on this tricycle? I am new to the tricycles and just got this one and a 1960s Angeles. I can't find out anything about this one after looking for days. I am thinking from what I learned it is a Firestone, made by either Colson or Western Flyer, circa 1950s. Any info would be appreciated. I am trying to decide whether to leave it as is or fix it up for my granddaughter. I think it would keep more value for later to leave it as is. Thanks from the newbie!

tricycle.jpg

tricycle 2.jpg

View attachment 738053

tricycle 4.jpg

Thank you. I am trying to look up a Murray Firestone tricycle but no success. I agree the build looks the same. Do you think around 1950?

Thank you. I am trying to look up a Murray Firestone tricycle but no success. I agree the build looks the same. Do you think around 1950?
yes late 50s early 60s
try a search this site is full of info an pic.Tricycle Fetish

Last edited:
yes late 50s early 60s
try a search this site is full of info an pic.Tricycle Fetish
That seat style was used by Murray on tricycles around that time period, too.

To the OP I just wanted to add, Western Flyer was not a tricycle manufacturer. Trikes badged for WF were also made by other manufacturers such as Murray, Colson, AMF Junior, etc. It was common for larger store chains to have trikes and bikes badged for their store brand though made by another manufacturer, an example being the Western Flyer brand used by Western Auto stores.

Dave

That is very helpful to know! Thanks so much!

That seat style was used by Murray on tricycles around that time period, too.

To the OP I just wanted to add, Western Flyer was not a tricycle manufacturer. Trikes badged for WF were also made by other manufacturers such as Murray, Colson, AMF Junior, etc. It was common for larger store chains to have trikes and bikes badged for their store brand though made by another manufacturer, an example being the Western Flyer brand used by Western Auto stores.

Dave

Back