When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle Identification

-

brettym

On Training Wheels
Hello all. I have a few questions. I found this old tricycle in the attic of my late great grandmother. I love old things as they were made to last, been restoring things for my daughter the last few years....

I've been trying to find out what company and estimated year of this trike. I want to try to restore it as close as possible to the original. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can link me to images, descriptions etc.

Thank again

Brettym

Attachments

• Trike 1.jpg
    Trike 1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 758
  • trike 2.jpg
    trike 2.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 299
  • trike 3.jpg
    trike 3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 738
Yeah, I noticed the seat support bracket. It was the only thing that didn't quite fit a Junior trike design. The pattern in the metal seat itself matches a Junior seat very closely.

Dave

i know this post is old but to brettym, i now have a trike just like yours as pictured and described, it just barely still has the junior decal on the front, my seat is exactly like yours, from what i have read today our trikes are most likely early 50 or late 40's junior toy trikes, i am saying this as because the seat in late 50 went to the pin through the bar type seat as ours is different with the side pieces off of the bottom of the seat with a horizontal bolt actually holding the seat on instead of a set screw. from 50 forward in time all seats were attached in that fasion so ours is pre 50 or early early 50 before the change over to that style seat. i will be needing tires grips decal and one pedal to restore back to new if anyone has a source for this let me know, thanks richard----------email is [email protected]

Back