When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle Info Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rwall

On Training Wheels
I was recently given this tricycle. The plate on the front says The Colson Co. Elfin. It appears to be original but any info would be appreciated as far as time period, value, etc. would just like to know a little bit about it. Thanks.
638D0409-F628-4710-9329-BDFA4074CF6A.jpeg

65C6F9A7-BF8A-4722-8877-A0D1DA2FA95C.jpeg

B0D0647E-2C1A-4129-AC03-4BA7103D4BA8.jpeg

12660A83-B1C1-4FE4-B704-EC992F75E6D2.jpeg

B67040AA-C583-44ED-8303-7AAC1974C23E.jpeg

What I call a 'strap' tricycle due to construction. Better pics of the complete trike would be helpful but I'm going with teens on this one and yes it appears original from what I see. @cr250mark @Oldbikes @ridingtoy can probably nail it down better. V/r Shawn

What I call a 'strap' tricycle due to construction. Better pics of the complete trike would be helpful but I'm going with teens on this one and yes it appears original from what I see. @cr250mark @Oldbikes @ridingtoy can probably nail it down better. V/r Shawn
Shawn, I believe you are right on the money with a late teens date. If earlier, it probably would have the metal rat trap pedals instead of rubber block pedals and a little fancier head badge.

To the OP....nice of someone to just give you this neat antique Colson tricycle. It is complete and original with just the hand grips missing.

Dave

Shawn and Dave are right on
Elfin Badged strap steel frame I’m thinking 1918 to early 20’s
Many list this version as early 30’s but by the 30’s
Colson was manufacturing all Tube frames

Elfin was a version or a Run off of the “ Fairy “line
Rover and Brownie were 2 others that all looked very
Similar in construction and Features

commonly see these sell from $100-$125
Excellent condition in regards to paint ,grips , saddle condition
And rubber on wheels and pedals possibly up to $175
To maybe $200