When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trikes

-
1501258848188.jpg

We must have been posting at the same time. Your Murray is in pretty good original condition. I'd personally value it around $100. Someone has almost the identical Murray on ebay right now for $165. Not sure how long it's been listed or whether they'll get that much for it. Some sellers think just because a trike is older it automatically is worth a small fortune, ditto for some old bicycle sellers.

The Happy Rider is cheaply made and comes from Asia. It's missing the back seat upholstery which is common. The vinyl used is thin and tears easily, so the vinyl straps that hold it on usually tear loose and the seat gets tossed. The bolted head connection makes for a weaker frame design. I bought one years ago for about $25 and sold it for about the same price. These came out in the 1980s and I remember seeing them in toy stores back then selling for less than $20.

Out of the two, the Murray is definitely worth more.

Dave

The go-kart on the other hand is pretty cool! reminds me of my dirt track racing days.
JKent

We must have been posting at the same time. Your Murray is in pretty good original condition. I'd personally value it around $100. Someone has almost the identical Murray on ebay right now for $165. Not sure how long it's been listed or whether they'll get that much for it. Some sellers think just because a trike is older it automatically is worth a small fortune, ditto for some old bicycle sellers.

The Happy Rider is cheaply made and comes from Asia. It's missing the back seat upholstery which is common. The vinyl used is thin and tears easily, so the vinyl straps that hold it on usually tear loose and the seat gets tossed. The bolted head connection makes for a weaker frame design. I bought one years ago for about $25 and sold it for about the same price. These came out in the 1980s and I remember seeing them in toy stores back then selling for less than $20.

Out of the two, the Murray is definitely worth more.

Dave
I was thinking 150 to 200 because it was orginal everything on the murry tassle grips its complete . The ones ive been seeing are all missing things chain. Seat zip tied on . And of course ebay u pay shipping . Which the one was another 75 lol . Thank u sir. Im going to clean it up now and see what it looks like n

Yeah, the $100 figure was just my personal opinion since I've seen so many of these for sale, being a more common Murray model to find, and having two myself. It's funny about older tricycles I've seen sell over the years. Some you'd think nobody would pay $10 for (at least I wouldn't) go surprisingly high while others in nice original condition barely get one low bid. You never know until you list it for sale. Hope you get a decent price for it if you decide to sell.

Dave

Back