When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tripple3 Mark K

-
Christmas 2017 update.
I started a thread asking what my 1st bike is.
We figured it to be Murray built Sears 20" wheel sidewalk bike.
CABEr @Balloontyre sent me this one for Christmas! WOW! Thank You Ivo.
I rode it of course.....
View attachment 730440View attachment 730442View attachment 730443View attachment 730445View attachment 730444

View attachment 730441
Hahaha wow how cool. How very nice of him. Cool that all the old pictures were kept and shared as well!

Another childhood experience for me, was throwing the free news paper, two times per week, to 150 houses in the tract where we lived;
Huntington Beach, Independent.
40+ years later, I love old bikes again, "new collector" get a text from my buddy Jim, asking if I want to buy this old bike?
April 1st, 2015. "April fools" is what I'm thinking.
IMG_2630_2.JPG

Thread:https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/prewar-western-flyer.71602/
So, maybe a year later, my friend Marty @cyclingday brings the Baltimore Sun carrier bag out to the @cyclonecoaster.com free swap-meet,
as usual for him, he gives me the bicycle-brother, deal-of-a-life-time price of $20 :D
IMG_6258.JPG

So, lately, I realize the greatness of these "Gifts", and I rode the 1940 Western Flyer, Heavy Duty, with the bag flying up front, "Light For All"
Up and down the beach bike path, all day long; honking my Goose horn, smiling as big as a 10-year-old boy, saying, "Merry Christmas! Peace on Earth! Light For All!"
IMG_5490.jpg

October 8, 2019 Personal Best, most mileage, 120 miles.
4X Water-tower, 3X Wedge, from River-mouth. 12+ saddle hours.:blush:

Back