When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRM Convertible Tanks

-

TRM

Wore out three sets of tires already!
TRM Convertible Tanks

These original tanks where designed to convert girls frame bikes into a unique boy's tank bike without any modifications to the original frame! The original tank was intended for a Spaceliner bike, but it will also fit many other frames including Elgin, Rollfast, Columbia, Monark and Schwinn just to name a few!

Here's the concept:
We all know that girls took better care of their bikes, so there are more survivors out there to be found. And because girl's bikes are less desirable to most collectors, they are typically far less expensive to acquire. Combine this with a TRM CONVERTIBLE TANK, and you get a one of a kind tank bike for half the cost, plus a vintage bike that has people guessing what it is!

You will receive one complete fiberglass tank fitted together with stainless steel fasteners. Final fitting will require drilling, cutting and/or grinding for the frame openings to properly fit your individual frame (installation instructions included). The cost is only $189 shipped in the lower 48.

These pictures show the tanks in the original gel coat finish (Only black is available right now)...

100_6730_zps946939fa.jpg

100_6640_zps6be50911.jpg

d7036409-bedd-460a-bc0c-ab5ca12a106a_zpsd1801cfa.jpg

100_6772_zps7a2cddae-1.jpg

Here's my fully custom build 'RACELINER'. (Yes, that's a fiberglass tank too).
1051-1413899459-c8c02ebde354027ed759ec281671baaa.jpg

You can private message me here, or email me directly at [email protected]
Thanks, Jim

1956 Schwinn Wasp.
101_0241-jpg.jpg

My latest build is this 1941 Elgin.
Decoluxe.jpg

100_6730_zps946939fa.jpg

100_6640_zps6be50911.jpg

100_6638_zpsb06f4189.jpg

1051-1413899459-c8c02ebde354027ed759ec281671baaa.jpg

d7036409-bedd-460a-bc0c-ab5ca12a106a_zpsd1801cfa.jpg

Last edited:
Nice concept & finished product. Liked it when it was first posted. May start looking for a girls spaceliner myself, good luck with it.

clicked you email link and

<[email protected]>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.22.26]
said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for
typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596
x109si1288758qge.89 - gsmtp (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Was hoping to find a link to your build- that is badass! Almost want to modify my (mostly) orig flightliner

Nice concept & finished product. Liked it when it was first posted. May start looking for a girls spaceliner myself, good luck with it.

Thank you!

<[email protected]>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.22.26]
said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for
typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596
x109si1288758qge.89 - gsmtp (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Was hoping to find a link to your build- that is badass! Almost want to modify my (mostly) orig flightliner

Oops, had a type-o in the email. It should work now, thanks for letting me know! :o

Here's a link to the complete build thread for the Raceliner at RRB.

"Almost want to modify my (mostly) orig flightliner."
-That's one of the advantages, there are no modifications required. Once the convertible tank is fitted to the bike, the tanks can be swapped out in a matter of minutes with only a screw driver!

Last edited:
I have had several PM's about the tanks and have responded. However, I'm apparently not doing something exactly right because some of the responses that I sent do not show up in my inbox. I'm still new here, so maybe that's normal, I don't know.

Anyway, please let me know here or email me if you haven't received a message back from me.

Also, if you have already bought one and are waiting on a tracking number, I will send it again if you let me know.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Jim

PMs & transmission

All good with me Jim. Don't see a problem on my end. Looking forward to the tank, should be a blast to see how the bike turns out. By the way, what is the transmission you used on your "model"?

Thanks,

Mike

All good with me Jim. Don't see a problem on my end. Looking forward to the tank, should be a blast to see how the bike turns out. By the way, what is the transmission you used on your "model"?

Thanks,

Mike

That's good Mike, thanks.
You should get your tank tomorrow. I'm looking forward to see how it turns out!

The transmission is an early 70's Dana 3-speed.
Dana_zpsf10cbd06-1.jpg

Got my tank

Jim....got the tank, looks terrific! I will show the progression of the bike build when I get into it. Great, well made product!

Mike

I'm not generally a custom guy, but I am liking what I see here! Can you put lights in these tanks?

Back