When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trojan origins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
BILLYTHEKID....Very original looking war or immediately-post-war bike by Cleveland Welding Co. (CWC). Rims are correct for the bike which means hubs are most likely also. Given the time frame in which this bike was built, it would not have been offered with a tank nor rear rack. The chaingaurd is not of the style found on 26" models and, I suspect, is wrong. There is a number on the bottom of the bottom bracket--can confirm date of build from that

Last edited:
I have this Trojan 24” bike would like any info anyone knows it has black out hubs

View attachment 1398718

View attachment 1398720
Late 40's/50's 24 in ( ribbed seat post clamp, stamped fender bridge, notched frame above rear axle, welded plate for kickstand, stamped goose all later 40's/50's traits ) wald chain ring so could have been changed with rims, Shelby looking fork & guard so could be after the CWC-Shelby merge ( 1951 ) so maybe just a odd merger bike. as said ser. # will tell.

Last edited:
Looks like Trojan was affiliated with AMF for one.

another listed as Trojan.
BFNN1v9fu7ww4GCu5ng1zXW9T2w7NEoNgPYUBoqkQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

AMF bought CWC & Shelby ( among others like HD ), Trojan was one of CWC stock badges. who knows were some names come from, just made up by a salesman or something the Company bought in the past, guess we need a book @barneyguey

Last edited:
the two numbers out to the right are the date of build( to me it looks like 51). I think this style of serial number, with the date, started in '52 and continued through '56--so if that is a "1" after the 5 then you have an outlier. There should be a big "C" with a "W" inside even more to the right.

I don't think one of those bikes is going to fit in my wallet.

there was lots of things named Trojan in the old days. I googled up some images. motor oil, blasting caps .. all sorts of stuff.

Back