When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

truss frame ID help (not Iver)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
yes. that's what I mean. It's been a long day. A good day, but a long one. Thanks.

Oh, and a badge.

Last edited:
From what I've read the overman wheel co. Who made Victor bicycles went under in 1901. Iver Johnson patented the arch truss frame design in 1900 (or filed it anyway) I would think this frame would have had to become before the patent or after it expired round about 1917. Was Victor being produced by another company at that time?

Someone must have bought the name, tooling, badges, etc if they went under in 1901. I just bought this brochure, but it hasn't arrived yet. The photos in it remind me of late teens-early 20s bikes. Here's the covers.

Victorad1-1.jpg

Yes, I saw that too and that isn't a TOC bike, more of a contemporary of mine, like teens-20s, don't you think? I
'll keep digging, I'm sure there's a nugget of info out there. Maybe they're be a clue in the brochure.

Is there any printing info in the brochure? Definitely a teens-early 20s bike in the other link. The fender everyone was vying for is for an Indian.

Could it be that the Victor name was purchased by Pope or The Westfield MFG. CO.?

Could be that the fender itself was manufactured by another jobber and provided fenders to other manufacturers.

I don't have the brochure yet and no additional info from the photos. The ad just said "early 1900s".

I'll keep looking around. I'm confident something will turn up. It seems like every maker turned out an Iver inspired truss frame in 1917-1918 and then dropped the style shortly afterwords.

Here's a quick peek at Victor after 1898 (I'll look for more info later tonight).

Victor was in production in 1899.
ScreenShot20140303at82209AM-1.jpg

It appears by 1901 they were transitioning to motorbikes?
ScreenShot20140303at84655AM-1.jpg

Bikes were advertised 1903...could've been liquidating inventory?
ScreenShot20140303at84843AMpng-1.jpg

Here's an interesting nugget...by 1903, the man in charge of Victor reinvents himself?
ScreenShot20140303at90133AM-1.jpg

Back