When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truss Frame I.D. Help Please!

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Some of you may have seen this bike previously in the general section of the forum posted by Buck Hughs. Anyway this one has me stumped as to who built it? Any thoughts are appreciated. It has offset badge holes with the hole on the right lower than the left side. The fork and head tube have remains of nickel plating. I can’t find a serial number anywhere; I am guessing the numbers and name on the bottom bracket are for police registration. The underside of the fork crown is different from anything I have seen. Thank you for any help!

Last edited:
Hawthorne Marathon?????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you for your input Kenny. I believe the Marathon used three screws to secure the badge, at least that is what the catalog image shows. Does anyone own a Marathon or a badge to confirm this? Also this chain ring is 72 teeth whereas the Marathon's claim to fame was an 80 tooth chain ring; the rear cog is slightly different as well. It appears Hawthorne offered that model in a roadster frame style, not a truss frame.

Looks like a Great Western bottom bracket- at least the adjustable cone. Doesn't look like fauber anything else though
Sorry not much help...

Thank you Glenn and Lester! It also is blue with gold pins which matches the advertisement Lester has posted. Anyone have a badge available to try out?

Thank you Glenn and Lester! It also is blue with gold pins which matches the advertisement Lester has posted. Anyone have a badge available to try out?
Thats "Hudson Blue" and what a fine looking wheel! Now you need some other nice Keen Kutter items to mount on it. I wonder if that catalog has a page of Ken Kutter brand lights and bells?
page77image89444528

Last edited:
Back