When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truss Frame Pierce

-
Just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding ,,,I do not own this Bicycle {I WISH] I am studying truss and arch bar and camel back bicycles and I found this one when googling images,,,WEEBOB

I read in a thread here at The CABE (don't have the link now, I'd have to find it again) that was several years old where Mark Mattei had listed a fully suspended Pierce Truss on eBay. I betcha this is that bike. SUPER friggin COOL!

Posted way back in 2010 by @pelletman ....

p1030074-1-jpg.jpg

That "S" bracket between the bars is what caught my eye,,,Just wondering is that "S" bracket welded at all 4 contact points or does it have a little flex room?

I like it and the first one I've seen. I restored a Columbia Arch bar last summer and I'm restoring a Camekback now. Perhaps I will restore a Pierce Arch S some day.

FullSizeRender-13.jpg

C82FC3E0-4BAD-4E27-8577-76B72D8D1095.jpeg
There is a mystery story about the “S” bracket, used on Pierce bicycles. Mostly used on the Pierce ladies bicycles. Possibly one of George Pierce’s daughter’s name started with the letter “S”?

Pierce firsts:
First fender-headlight combination
First self-adjusting hydraulic valve lifters
First production 4-cylinder motorcycles
First all-steel automotive roof

Back