When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying a fork paint spray fixture

-

retrobuilder

Finally riding a big boys bike
I decided to try a new idea to support a fork in position for spray coverage.

The fixture allows someone painting to rotate the fork by using a spare wedge type handlebar stem.

While it is simple to move around the fork as well during spraying- simply omit the stem.

Basicallythis is use of 1" PVC pipe which has just enough 1" fork clearance. Not shown is the base
"legs" made by 1- 1 1/2 pipe and fittings. Thet attach to the Tee..

Low cost and simple..forks can stay put for drying or masking more details.

The pics show the fork rotating by the stem at front to sides..

Cheers..

20180212_181336_resized.jpg

20180212_181422_resized.jpg

20180212_181611_resized.jpg

I realize paint smearing on the lower part of steer tube..could happen as it rotates. Will try it..
The main base is like I have done for motorcycle frames..more later..

Looks like my usual get itt done..I do a lot of primer coating that way and top coating when I do not need to concern much with bottom coverage.

I use a step stool and 5 gallon buckets often, sometimes paint one side and turn over for fiinal coat..works great for semi gloss..

My occasional PVC stands break down for storage..

Excellent work there..including masking. :) Cheers..

180992_1600152209971_3675450_n.jpg

Old school would wet the floor down :)....the wild flower pic is the best shot..!
I had hosed it down and then squeegeed the floor so I wasn't walking in or dragging my hose through water. I shot most of the black outside--just gotta pick the right day! V/r Shawn

Back