When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to bring a 1936 Motorbike back to life

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I bought a black and creme Schwinn motorbike frame set at the Memory Lane swap meet. It was a frame, truss fork, crank and chain ring, A.S. stem and some Torrington handlebars. I bought a seat and pedals from my friend Pete. I already had a lucky seven seat post. I also bought a pretty nice set of wheels from Dave Stromberger.

Pete shipped it for me from Georgia to my house in Idaho. The day I got it I tore it all apart, cleaned and waxed the frame, cleaned all the bearings and cleaned the chrome parts.

The forks were bent so I took them over to Jeff Taylor's house and he straightened them for me. Jeff is also going to true the wheels. I can do an OK job but Jeff is a professional and can do a lot better job than me.

I also did some trading with my friend Kim and got myself a tank, rack and chain guard. I didn't think it had a tank originally but after cleaning it I found the markings of a tank and tank straps. I was pretty happy because it was the real deal!

Dave is going to paint the tank and rack and bang them around a little and make them match the paint on the rest of the bike. He's real good at it. I can't wait to get it done.

Here's what it looked like at different stages of working on it so far. I'm getting really excited, I've never had a motorbike before. Barry

The day I got.

After I started cleaning it up

Starting to put some parts on it.

01.jpg

Next will be the wheels after Jeff works his magic. I already have some new red tires and some new tubes. I also have some red pedal blocks I think I'll be replacing the other with.

When and if I ever get any fenders, I also traded for a Silver Ray head light.

Took me 2 years to find a set of decent fenders, popped up in the most crazy way..a good friend went to eastern side of the state, came back with a bunch of bike stuff..after helping price stuff , at the bottom of the pile was a set of 37 fenders..I was flabbergasted.. Just got umpteen layers of paint off, dents out ,ready for paint. Can finally get the girls fender off..1419325

cool bike. :)

Very cool bike. I really like the original paint and patina. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Super cool!

Here it is with the wheels without tires. Ha Ha Ha

I had to put them on for a minute just to make it look more complete. I'm going to have the wheels trued this coming week so I can't put the tires on yet. I'm getting anxious! I bought a drop stand today. I just need those STINKING fenders! Barry

I checked into buying a horn and about fell off my chair! WOW! They're expensive!

Back