When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to bring a 1936 Motorbike back to life

-
Here's what it looks like with tires mounted. Sense I took the photo this morning I've adjusted the chain guard better. It looks a lot better. Less of an angle.

Last edited:
I have a rack that I'm in the middle of repairing. It had been "fixed" before but they welded the braces in crooked. I drilled the spot welds out and straightened out the braces but it still needs to be welded. I'm out of wire for my welder, but will buy some when I get paid. Barry

Before I straightened the braces out.

After I straightened them out

These two photos show how far of they were off. As you can see one of them was really crooked.

I finished the repair of the rack today. @Dave Stromberger sent me home with the correct tip for my mig welder the other day, so I finally welded the rack. I had to weld up the holes I drilled to break the braces loose, and weld the braces in place. It turned out okay. For some reason I'm never completely happy with my repair work, but it's fine. I'm too picky! The cross braces were real crooked, now they're straight.

I finished the repair of the rack today. @Dave Stromberger sent me home with the correct tip for my mig welder the other day, so I finally welded the rack. I had to weld up the holes I drilled to break the braces loose, and weld the braces in place. It turned out okay. For some reason I'm never completely happy with my repair work, but it's fine. I'm too picky! The cross braces were real crooked, now they're straight.

View attachment 1428925
View attachment 1428926
Looking good Barry. You should be proud of your work in progress .. I Am quite the same way when doing a bike build, Never quite satisfied until iv'e finally make up my mind. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

I finished fixing the horn today. I had to drilled the rivets out that hold the contact plates in place. It has several insulted plates and the brass plate the coil is soldered to. Then it has a iron plate that holds the points. The iron plate had rusted and wasn't making contact with the brass plate. I cleaned the surfaces and used screws that I insulated with paper wrapped around them and held in place with contact cement. I was surprised it wasn't shorted to ground when I got it all back together. I only had two 1.5 volt D cell batteries so although the horn worked, I think it'll sound a little different when I use a 6 volt battery like it's supposed to have in the tank. It has a pretty deep tone. Sounds like an old car horn from the thirties. Now that I know it works I'm going take it back apart and do a little painting inside. Barry

08.jpg

Back