When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trying to decipher models

-

unknown52

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 1952 something. it looks like every other bike though. people say it be a continnental, world, traveler, etc. is there a definite way to pinpoint what model it is. the only things that look different is the head badge is brass (or similar metal) with wings coming off the side, the welds are brass, and the it has a sturmey 3 speed.

really just getting started and enjoy the history of old bikes, any info would be great.

Post Some Pics.

Show the whole bike from the sprocket side.Get close-ups where the head and top/down tubes join and where everything joins to the bottom bracket. Not too close, I'd like to see if there are seams about 2 " from tube ends. What rims are there?

Pat

im at work but believe they said s-6 and there is a seam at the bottom of the bottom bracket. will take pics when i get home though, but it is disassembled for paint right now.

now that i think about it, scratch that seam on the bottom bracket. im also painting a stingray and think that is where i remember that seam. when i get home ill take a close look at the 52.

bike5-1.jpg
bike4-1.jpg
bike3-1.jpg
bike2-1.jpg
bike1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back