When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to determine the year for a Schwinn Cycle Truck. Number at base: CO 5 13 48. Anyone know how to date the bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rush

On Training Wheels
IMG_6510b.jpg
IMG_6510b.jpg

IMG_6510b.jpg

IMG_6536b.jpg

That's not the serial number. Schwinn stamped the numbers before the bike was painted. Are there more numbers under the crank?
Very interesting frame.

Thank you for the information. I'll have to search the frame again for a serial number tomorrow. I've been unable to find a reference for a Schwinn Cycle Truck frame that matches this one. Perhaps it was a custom order?

I've never seen a CT frame like that but maybe @REC has. Nice job if it was a custom. It has the long brake arm and has a dimpled chain stay for the Whizzer motors. Factory modified Whizzer CT frame maybe?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that type of frame either. It's a nice looking bike. Looks like its ready to deliver pizza with that box. Have fun.

Hand stamped. Could CO be C & O Shoe repair and 5 13 48 just be the date May 13, 1948? Maybe the day the business opened or the day they got the delivery bike.

Back