When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find colored 16x1.75 tires for Pixie

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Elevatorman139

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked up this 1979 Pixie for my granddaughter and will be restoring it soon. Would like to find red tires (I'd settle for yellow) and have been striking out on internet searches. Any idea where I might find them?

20191027_124202_compress71.jpg

The only 16 x 1 3/4 S-7 tires I have seen are black or black white wall.
I believe the only way to get a different color tire is to purchase 16 x 1 .75 wheels off Amazon.
* The colored tires are 16 x 2.125, they will fit the 1.75 rim. The problem I see is the tire's width is 2.125 inches. That might fit in the frame, but I dont think it will clear the fenders. Also you will need to purchase rim strips ( or use electrical tape) and inner tubes.

IMO , I think Id go the whitewall 16 x 1 3/4 tires.(+ new inner tube and rim strip).
Post a pic when you get done with it

The only 16 x 1 3/4 S-7 tires I have seen are black or black white wall.
I believe the only way to get a different color tire is to purchase 16 x 1 .75 wheels off Amazon.
* The colored tires are 16 x 2.125, they will fit the 1.75 rim. The problem I see is the tire's width is 2.125 inches. That might fit in the frame, but I dont think it will clear the fenders. Also you will need to purchase rim strips ( or use electrical tape) and inner tubes.

IMO , I think i.d. go the whitewall 16 x 1 3/4 tires.(+ new inner tube and rim strip).
Post a pic when you get done with it
Thanks for the suggestions. I had already decided that if I could not find the colored tires then I would be putting white walls on it. Will definitely post a pic of the finished product.

Back