When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find model and value.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jonathan Armstrong

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My boss at the scrapyard got a vintage Goodyear Bicycle. I did some research on the bicycle and found out it was built by Columbia, badged as Goodyear, and was built in 1952 based upon the serial number. I am trying to find the value and if possible the model. I want to make an offer to my boss but I don't have the value. He won't sell it without knowing the value of it. The paint is cracking and peeling off, also badly applied. The frame looks to be soldered or brazed back together in a couple spots. Both tired are missing a spoke each. The Serial Number is R558435.

There are a couple spots that look like the frame cracked at one point and they were either soldered or brazed back together.

I think your bike may be a Monark instead of Columbia. Some of the details are similar, but your chain-ring looks Monark. In the condition it's in now, maybe $50.00? That fork's bent pretty bad.

Not sure I've ever seen a Goodyear badged Monark, but I have seen several Columbia. It looks like the built-in Columbia style sidestand broke off at one time too. The 1" pitch chainring looks CWC. Im not that well versed in postwar bikes, so I could very well be wrong.
I think your bike may be a Monark instead of Columbia. Some of the details are similar, but your chain-ring looks Monark. In the condition it's in now, maybe $50.00? That fork's bent pretty bad.

Not sure I've ever seen a Goodyear badged Monark, but I have seen several Columbia. It looks like the built-in Columbia style sidestand broke off at one time too. The 1" pitch chainring looks CWC. Im not that well versed in postwar bikes, so I could very well be wrong.
You may be right, the chain-ring could be throwing me off.

Your boss should give it to you for free, so that you will have to keep working for him, forever.
You will need the income just to refurbish the bike, and might also start to see other bicycles at the scrapyard that will call out to you that they need to be rescued or saved.

Actually there are a couple of vintage bicycle frames there, one might be salvageable and the other is a rust pile, but he isn't willing to sell them. Or at least last I tried he wasn't willing to sell them.
If you'd like I have a Columbia frame with built in kickstand; if I remember right it is a '57. $50 + shipping. Paypal friends & family or money order. I can get pics but it's basically a frame, kickstand & bottom bracket cups. No head cups or badge. Like that when I got it.

This was a mock up with spare parts from moden day bikes.

Last edited:
Back