When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find the owner of this Champion Heil Brothers Whizzer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy, I'm wanting permission to use some bicycle photos. Any clue who owns this bike? Thanks for any help. Barry
CHAMPION HEIL BROTHERS 01.jpg

CHAMPION HEIL BROTHERS 02.jpg

I'll remove this bike from the head badge book I'm writing. I unintentionally offended the owner by asking him for its use the photos and would like to apologize. Beautiful bike man. Have a great day. Barry

While it's very considerate of you to want permission from the owner, to publish pictures of that bike, those pictures were taken by its previous owner and used to publicly sell the bike.
I'd say, they are public domain at that point.
Maybe, since the previous owner was the photographer who took the images, permission to use the photo's would be in order.
But, I don't see how a current owner of a bike, has much say so on the photographs that were taken of the bike prior to his ownership.
I'm not trying to start any contentious debate, just my own opinion, on this particular issue.
That Whizzer was one of the best items sold in the Classic bike hobby this past year.
Truly spectacular!
Congrats to the new owner!
I'd sure like to see it gracing the pages of your new book.

You're correct about that. I need to figure out the previous owner and talk to him. He might have photos of the other side? lol
Someone put the scare in me about being sued for using photos or ads without permission. I do love the look of that bike. Thanks man, Barry

I'll remove this bike from the head badge book I'm writing. I unintentionally offended the owner by asking him for its use the photos and would like to apologize. Beautiful bike man. Have a great day. Barry
Help me understand how you decided I was offended and/or wouldn't let you use photos........Here is the PM string starting with my reply to your post looking for the

Yesterday at 5:51 PM
danfitz1 said:
The Whizzer is mine. The photos are from prior owner.

barnyguey
Hello, how are you? My name is Barry Gray. I've been working on a book about head badges found on Schwinn bikes. Would it be possible to get some photos of your bike and put them in the book along with your name for credit?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

danfitz1
Today at 6:45 AM
With all due respect, I have no time to deal with photos, etc. And, I have no interest in having my name associated with anything. If you want to use existing photos and refrain from associating me with the bike, feel free.

Help me understand how you decided I was offended and/or wouldn't let you use photos........Here is the PM string starting with my reply to your post looking for the

danfitz1 said:
The Whizzer is mine. The photos are from prior owner.

barnyguey
Hello, how are you? My name is Barry Gray. I've been working on a book about head badges found on Schwinn bikes. Would it be possible to get some photos of your bike and put them in the book along with your name for credit?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

danfitz1
Today at 6:45 AM
With all due respect, I have no time to deal with photos, etc. And, I have no interest in having my name associated with anything. If you want to use existing photos and refrain from associating me with the bike, feel free.

Sorry, I guess misunderstood your message.:)

You're correct about that. I need to figure out the previous owner and talk to him. He might have photos of the other side? lol
Someone put the scare in me about being sued for using photos or ads without permission. I do love the look of that bike. Thanks man, Barry
This was not in reference to the fellow that owns the Whizzer.

I've been researching for this book for years and have been asking permission to use peoples photos all along the way. I was told a long time ago to watch out or I'd get my but sued. That was what I meant by my comment. It's easy to copy photos on the internet, but you never know who owns them? Public domain only goes so far (I have read about it). You can use some ads, parts of articles, some photos(like the ones cyclingday was talking about) etc. but a lot of the old photos are still owned. Just the other day, I paid $50.00 for the use of one photo from the 1940's, and I've done this many times over. I've even gone further than I think necessary in some cases, just to cover my but. Thanks, Barry

Back