When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to ID this find.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

leylandauto

On Training Wheels
Thanks everyone for any help on IDing this bike that appears to be prewar. Here are a few pictures that seem to point to things that are maker specific. it came out of the attic of a multi`generational farm. I love the Goodyear Airwheel tires.

5B1A9790-4F33-4D8E-A1B9-DCA2BA9592FE_zpsxace0ulm.jpg

5B1A9790-4F33-4D8E-A1B9-DCA2BA9592FE_zpsxace0ulm.jpg

9737076D-DAD8-4B6F-BEE0-633E70722946_zpsiogpy2pc.jpg

Carl French
Alfred, Maine

I'm standing back from it until I can get a better feel for what is the right thing to do with the bike. Lots want me to paint it and put it on the front yard with a basket of flowers as is so common these days. I want to get it to the right place or person.

Thanks for the reply and picture. That is definitely The same frame. Ref the chain ring and guard, I guess the owner/kid decided to do some customization. So, early 50's Huffy is the answer. Thanks for the help everyone!

Huffman made bicycles for Western Auto stores at one time, among others. Did you mention a 'Maineliner' badge in another thread?
I forget what those chainrings or front sprockets looked like, for which years, if different.
WF Huffy 4.jpg

WF Huffy 5.jpg

That is definitely The same frame.
Looks more like a 24" frame size, (distance between head and truss tubes); same fits-sooner safety frame style.
Huffman-built bicycles may be dated by serial number by the way, not sure about smaller frames tho.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/huffman-serial-number-project.1162/
Original wrap-around chain guards may have been cumbersome due to size/bulk, and having two sides to possibly rub against moving parts.

Back