When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to put a fair value on a 83 Specialized stumpjumper

-

A.S.BOLTNUT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike belongs to a friend who road it back and forth to work and no longer rides it ,he took it buy a bike shop but they gave him the run around so he's looking for a fair estimate, it's set up as single speed but very nice shape .

I would be very appreciative in some input.
Rafael

I'm going to answer with 200 fair. Early year Stumpy good condition, looks well maintained, frame not super small or super large, commuter setup. Probly appeal to someone seeking reliable turnkey single speed vintage style daily rider. There's few listed on ebay now for different opinion.

If the bars are Nitto, I’d say $300-$400 would be a good price for a buyer and a seller.
I'm going to answer with 200 fair. Early year Stumpy good condition, looks well maintained, frame not super small or super large, commuter setup. Probly appeal to someone seeking reliable turnkey single speed vintage style daily rider. There's few listed on ebay now for different opinion.

Thanks for chiming in guys , why the big price difference on the bay ,well I'm aware of the crazy prices on things there but seems to be a bit more of a difference?
Rafael

with eBay you have a wider market and you have to cover costs outside of just sales and shipping.

I’ve sold TIG welded bars like that for $100. Those look like they may be the brazed version which some people value higher.

I’m far from an expert in this field but have bought and sold quite a few steel mtbs from this era. If it had a normal handlebar I’d agree more with the $200 estimate.

The way I see it, it’s still worth more than the bs garbage you can buy at the box store which are at the $200 mark.

with eBay you have a wider market and you have to cover costs outside of just sales and shipping.

I’ve sold TIG welded bars like that for $100. Those look like they may be the brazed version which some people value higher.

I’m far from an expert in this field but have bought and sold quite a few steel mtbs from this era. If it had a normal handlebar I’d agree more with the $200 estimate.

The way I see it, it’s still worth more than the bs garbage you can buy at the box store which are at the $200 mark.
I'm with Iverider, $3-400-ish. Those bars are sweet.

Well appreciated guys, I guess maybe more research?

Thanks again
Rafael

As is I think a fair price is $225-300. If it had the stock rear cassette along with Shimano group set maybe add an additional $100-$150. I also believe most stock Stumpjumpers came with either Deore LX or XT components.

Back