When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turlock, California swap meet

-
the swap in Stockton at the fairgrounds is also a great swap for bike stuff. they just had one a couple weekends back, but there will be more this year. the flyer I have does not show future dates.

Thanks all for such a fun day. After a weird start (they weren’t allowing buyers to enter from Fulkerth Rd.) I ended up circling the fairgrounds and didn’t park in the west lot until like 7am. Ran into Rudy early on, then Chris and Mary, and then I hung out with Eddie and his wife Mercedes most of the day. I hit my wall about 2pm and was like a zombie walking the aisles the rest of the day. Finally left after doubling back on a few vendors to see their price on an item had dropped from my first pass, or if it was even still there. One item was a group of 70’s Schwinn packaged items but the morning price was a little steep for me at $100, and he wouldn’t break it up. When I went back at 4pm it was still there but they guy said “I’ve been asking $125 but I’ll let it go for $100”. Uh huh, no.
I think saw all the same bikes/parts that have been posted in this thread by others. It was great to put faces with CABE names, and thank you again to Tim and Sue for hosting all of us. Looking forward to the next ride or swap.

D24C97F5-1766-4148-B3F3-B569A35F4E90.jpeg

The 70’s Schwinn items I passed on. Would end up just being garage art. Rather have something cooler for 100 bones.

3B7EA9D3-7B7F-45B3-8D41-520D9E2E5535.jpeg

My little haul for the day.

Thanks for the good times! I enjoyed the conversations, but wasn’t able to leave my spaces until the meet closed on Saturday. I was able to find my rewards for my labor!
View attachment 1778043

View attachment 1778042
It’s was nice to meet ya Jon! Thank you for the great parts and prices! Really appreciated it! All ready repaired the bottle caps and put em on my rusty 40 Dx. They were perfect for this bike!

EACA8776-F55F-4E8A-9C7F-64D971C8BC54.jpeg

B10432FC-B3B3-45C6-951E-1B0C55DDDDB7.jpeg

59890B61-5F1F-4647-B747-7B28A76397A0.jpeg

View attachment 1777184
If they let me ride it, and it was priced right, maybe...^^^
View attachment 1777185
$375 how much without the rack and seat? Cool! WOW! Who picked this up? ^^^
View attachment 1777186
This may or may not be original, but is cool-as-can-be. ^^^
View attachment 1777187
Firestone Pilot probably not original either, but dig it at swap-meet.
Thanks for the pics @Fonseca927
did @Eddie_Boy make it? @fat tire trader Group pic?
Hi Sparky @tripple3. We had fun hanging out with everyone. On the green and blue they were asking $1100. Both were redone.

The owner wasn't there, but his friend stated $1800. In comparison, the sticker price on this blue Elgin was $1000.

View attachment 1778142

View attachment 1778143
I have seen that blue elgin twin 20, it is super clean and worth every bit of that 1k. The black one is an elgin twin 40, and is a more deluxe model, and maybe worth that 1800. I have seen them go for much more.

$375 how much without the rack and seat? Cool! WOW! Who picked this up? ^^^
@tripple3 I know the guy (Tom Viramontes, yet I don't think he's on the CABE) that was selling the blue/red Shelby and I'm pretty sure it's still available. He's in Manteca, Ca and I think would prefer local pickup. If you're interested I can put you in touch with him.

@Eddie_Boy @fordmike65 Tom Viramontes bought the blue/white Elgin late Saturday. I want to say he said he paid $600.

I have seen that blue elgin twin 20, it is super clean and worth every bit of that 1k. The black one is an elgin twin 40, and is a more deluxe model, and maybe worth that 1800. I have seen them go for much more.
They look better in the pictures than they did in person. Like Eddie said they were re-paints and not a very good job, but they were pretty solid bones for a correct resto. The sellers are regulars every year at Turlock, they put high prices on their bikes to start but usually accept much lower offers. if Tom paid around $600 for the blue one, he did well.

Back