When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TURLOCK SWAP MEET

-
I always try to be one of the first in. 6 AM and depending on what is going on leave about 12. Used to take longer with dragging out big stuff. Those days are over.
A couple of months ago the heat came on heavy around 10. No Delta Breeze in Turlock!
Always another swap meet guys!

My buddy went and picked up a few project bikes but said other than that there was nothing really bike related....just a bunch of overpriced signs and car parts like usual.

^^^ you have to be a professional swapmeet guy to get the good stuff. I spotted a fender or something hanging out of a small box at the last Turlock way in the back of the guys spot.

in the box I got 3 sets of vintage Schwinn Clamp on rim brakes for 80 bucks along with a few other trinkets. already sold one set for more.

So the schedule is secret so the "in crowd" can convince themselves they are getting stinking deals? I just don't get it.

20200818_200405.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a swap, advertise! Frankly. I'd rather buy stuff i don't need off of the interwebs.
Probably a good idea. You can pick and choose in comfort. No real reason to get up at 5 to wait in line to park, stand in line to get in at 6 with a huge crowd and walk miles just to deal with guys that want your money. Anything that shows up is not really necessary. I am going to put Nov. 8 on my calendar. Should be cooler by then hopefully

Back