When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turquoise paint on chrome Flightliner

-

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Has anyone been able to come up with a matching turquoise paint for the tank, fork ends, and rear rack on an early 60s JC Higgins girl's Flightliner with the chrome frame?
1631731726106.png

Screenshot_20210916-073812_Chrome.jpg

Not saying this is the color..But House of Kolor may have it.
TC global may help you find an exact match.

@marching_out With little difference in color, Duplicolor is more in tune to my Wallet. Thank you, I’ll pick some up tomorrow or have my buddy at Advance Auto order me a couple of cans. Did you lay down a silver base before applying the color?

Ed

With little difference in color, Duplicolor is more in tune to my Wallet.
In deed. Any difference would likely be on the same scale as the difference between a bike that was always in a garage versus one that spent some time in the sun. I'm going to note that Dupli-color number in case I decide to spiff up my Western Flyer. Unfortunately, I don't have a Corvette (neither the car nor the bike) to touch up.

@marching_out With little difference in color, Duplicolor is more in tune to my Wallet. Thank you, I’ll pick some up tomorrow or have my buddy at Advance Auto order me a couple of cans. Did you lay down a silver base before applying the color?

Ed
I think I did a gray primer and then cleared it after the decal.
IMG_1323.JPG

I bought some of the Duplicolor and sprayed some on part of my tank. A little dark. Next I sprayed some Duplicolor Color Coat as a base then the Aqua. Close enough for Gov't work. The right side of the tank is the weathered original except for where the bezel has protected it. I can live with it. Especially since there won't be another one around to compare it to. Under these fluorescent lights it doesn't look as good as it does in natural light.
20210922_214938.jpg

Back