When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twentyfour Twenty

-

wheelbender6

Finally riding a big boys bike
Started out as a 1961 Flightliner frame and busted fork. I built a banana seat bike out of it.
My latest addition is a Sachs front drum brake. It works so well that I worry about damaging the fork with it.

I dig it & may end up doin' somethin' similar with a '65 Western Flyer bike I picked up for $10. How do these 26" bikes feel with banana seats & ape's ? Pretty similar to the 20" models I imagine ?

The banana seat works on a 26in bike if you keep it low and back. I think it is easier to find the kind of wheels, tires and forks you like for a 26 in bike vs a 24 or 20inch.

I have added more pieces to improve the look of my Faux Spyder. The most recent is a Spyder rear fender.
-It doesn't look like its going to fit too well with my 24x2.125 rear tire. I hope I don't have to get a 1.75" tire to make it work.
20210112_172645_resized (2).jpg

Back