When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Bar restore project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I love your choice in color with the dark red or maroon. will it look similar to this when you are finished.
185128-1.jpg
[/url]

Npence that is a beautiful bike and a great picture. I certainly hope I can get mine to look that good.

I love the Elgin tank.... If anyone has one for sale I'll take it.

Do you have anymore pictures of that bike? I love to see them.

I took a little more time to work on the wheels........... I took the hubs apart, soaked them down with lacquer thinner,and scrubbed off all the 70 year old grease. Then repacked them with grease and polished them with a buffing wheel till they were as shiny as they could be, I didn't have them re-chromed because I liked the slight patina that shows the age but still shiny. After that I laced the spokes which made them look like real wheels.....

5941800156_1652ed5455_b-1.jpg

5941275547_b2c180cf22_b-1.jpg

5941800538_ca193866df_b-1.jpg

5941275253_489e2ccaab_b-1.jpg

5941237683_ee34076941_b-1.jpg

Untitled by then8j, on Flickr

I'm 4 pages into the best resto novel i've ever read... How will it end? were all on pins and neddles. Great documentation- on a great bike. THANKS

I will be sending your guy my chrome parts for my elgin twin bar that i just got here a few days ago... I am moving to my new house next month so i may need some information when i start the resto... Hope you do not mind if i email you... thanks John

thanks nick im glad you enjoy this. John you can email me anytime you want, I can help you with the resto project, Ive gained a little knowledge about these bikes.

Here are some more pictures of the tires I chose to put on this bike. I had this set of tires sitting around waiting to be used, usually I am all about the whitewall tires so thats why this set of tires was just sitting around, actually hanging on the rafters in the attic. They are Goodyear allweathers, in good shape. I chose to use these because of the fact that I painted the rims Cream. Whitewall tires on cream rims looks silly to me personally.
I dont think that these tires had ever been cleaned before........ so I used a brass wire brush and strong degreaser, I will put tire armorall on them later. I then mounted them onto the rims very very carefully so that I wouldnt scratch the rims. Let me know if you think I made a good choice of tires.

Does anyone know from which era goodyears made tires like this??? I was thinking late forties but that is a wild guess.

5952034263_d7203ee45f_b-1.jpg

5952586966_90b71efbc0_b-1.jpg

5952034767_bf3535fc31_b-1.jpg

5952035139_72fd609304_b-1.jpg

5952086579_97e938636f_b-1.jpg

Untitled by then8j, on Flickr

Back