When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Flex before and after

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Now that would be a good investment provided its the correct one. There are two versions of this tank-the early have a set of straps at the front, the later have built in 'bumps' to hold it against the frame. V/r Shawn

What year was the later tank with "bumps" used?

What year was the later tank with "bumps" used?

Although it may have been a late '39 change these are typically found on the '40 models--but not TFs because by this time the top-of-the-line tank cahnged to the "big" tanks. Scott S. may be able to clarify further. V/r Shawn

The wheels arrived today. Along with a period correct rear reflector. The rear rack will be here this week. I am missing the correct fender light. By the way the Elgin fenders are identical to the Twin Flex fenders. Ask me how I know? I put them side to side. Only the braces were different. The holes on the fenders matched up perfectly. All I had to do was swap braces. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Thank you Irideiam for the rims and hubs.

Sped, not that it may matter to you but if those fenders were identical then you didn't have the right fenders to start with because there definitely is a difference between the Elgin and Huffman fenders. I mention this only in case someone wanting to do a true restoration goes hunting a set of Elgin fenders thinking they will be correct. I also see you used the later guard instead of the correct Firestone guard that I thought you had acquired. TFs are cool bikes regardless. V/r Shawn

Although it may have been a late '39 change these are typically found on the '40 models--but not TFs because by this time the top-of-the-line tank cahnged to the "big" tanks. Scott S. may be able to clarify further. V/r Shawn

Thank you for the information.

Back