When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

twin flex question

-

robert bell

Wore out three sets of tires already!
what year or model of twin flex have a straight downtube? most appear curved
s-l1600 (6).jpg
3409f8e8192e21497fd226ff64bdd27b.jpg

got pics of other 1938's with curved downtubes. 38 catalog (huffman) shows curved too. what gives??

I think the straight down tube was more of an early vs late kind of thing, because Huffman introduced the curved down tube into their line in 1938.
They also introduced the Twin Flex that same year.
It is odd, that any of the Twin Flex models were produced with a straight down tube, since that was going to be their flag ship model for 1938.
But, for some reason, the first generation of the redesigned Twin Flex models had a straight down tube.

got 4 8 on fork, serial on bottom bracket H81500 or 481500
Is the primered bike above yours? Is there another number under the H81500 likely either "1" or "2"? The 4 8 if on the primered bike would indicate April of 1938. I'll write more on my thoughts about this later as I really don't agree with the aforementioned theories on this. V/r Shawn

Is the primered bike above yours? Is there another number under the H81500 likely either "1" or "2"? The 4 8 if on the primered bike would indicate April of 1938. I'll write more on my thoughts about this later as I really don't agree with the aforementioned theories on this. V/r Shawn

We are all waiting for your thoughts on this the twin flex bike are confusing

James Frazier (209) 481-9464
[email protected]

Back