When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Flex

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Are you going to keep it fenderless? These bicycles bottom out every time you hit a pot hole. You will have to replace the springs or use tension washers in key spots to stop that annoying occurrence. It is starting to look very nice. I see you found that elusive and expensive tank. Congrats!

Are you going to keep it fenderless? These bicycles bottom out every time you hit a pot hole. You will have to replace the springs or use tension washers in key spots to stop that annoying occurrence. It is starting to look very nice. I see you found that elusive and expensive tank. Congrats!

I suppose it depends on how much you weigh. I have three TFs and have never bottomed out. I have a set of John's springs and if you are above 200lbs you may want to contact him for a set otherwise you should be fine unless they are just wore out. V/r Shawn

Bought John's springs couple weeks ago. Hoping to find a Huffman sweetheart sprocket before going forward, fenders maybe, the guard seems to be the big ticket item at this time. long term project no hurry here.

Catfish had a Huffman aluminum guard for sale. First though was this originally badged as a Huffman brand or a Firestone? What is the serial number? What numbers are stamped on the back of the fork crown? V/r Shawn

Serial number, I see nothing that would denote a firestone badged bike. Of course badge was robbed. Two inch spacing on badge screws or rivets. ps back of fork stamped 4 8
IMG_0769.JPG

Last edited:
Early '38 bike--this actually surprises me to see one this early. I don't believe the Firestone specific numbers weren't used until '39 on these so you could badge this one either way safely. @37fleetwood may be able to shed more light on this one but those are my thoughts. V/r Shawn

You could try posting a pic of the head tube and maybe there is a slight outline from the badge it had.

Shawn - great looking ride!!

Back