When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Flex

-
Are you going to keep it fenderless? These bicycles bottom out every time you hit a pot hole. You will have to replace the springs or use tension washers in key spots to stop that annoying occurrence. It is starting to look very nice. I see you found that elusive and expensive tank. Congrats!

Are you going to keep it fenderless? These bicycles bottom out every time you hit a pot hole. You will have to replace the springs or use tension washers in key spots to stop that annoying occurrence. It is starting to look very nice. I see you found that elusive and expensive tank. Congrats!

I suppose it depends on how much you weigh. I have three TFs and have never bottomed out. I have a set of John's springs and if you are above 200lbs you may want to contact him for a set otherwise you should be fine unless they are just wore out. V/r Shawn

Bought John's springs couple weeks ago. Hoping to find a Huffman sweetheart sprocket before going forward, fenders maybe, the guard seems to be the big ticket item at this time. long term project no hurry here.

Catfish had a Huffman aluminum guard for sale. First though was this originally badged as a Huffman brand or a Firestone? What is the serial number? What numbers are stamped on the back of the fork crown? V/r Shawn

Serial number, I see nothing that would denote a firestone badged bike. Of course badge was robbed. Two inch spacing on badge screws or rivets. ps back of fork stamped 4 8
IMG_0769.JPG

Last edited:
Early '38 bike--this actually surprises me to see one this early. I don't believe the Firestone specific numbers weren't used until '39 on these so you could badge this one either way safely. @37fleetwood may be able to shed more light on this one but those are my thoughts. V/r Shawn

You could try posting a pic of the head tube and maybe there is a slight outline from the badge it had.

Shawn - great looking ride!!

Back