When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWIN LIGHT TANK (mystery) any solvers out there ??

-
Not my bike, I just remembered seeing those lights in a tank like that in the past and pulled the pictures off the web then looked back through The Cabe to locate the old thread. Sorry I couldn't help you out more.
JKent

Hey Dave I guess I should have been more clear. As we can see this wasn't a homemade thing but was done at the factory. What I meant was the mfr adapted these tail lights as headlights. Monark did a similar thing in 1939 with the Model GT495 when it used a pair of Delta Warner tail lights with clear lenses as headlights. V/r Shawn

That sure looks to be a Rollfast-Made Hawthorne! Look at the sprocket and the rear stays where the fender braces mount~~ there are 3-4 holes-in-a-row.

I have an early Rollfast that share the exact same sprocket and fender mounting holes...... Thanks again for all of the pics and info! CCR Dave
rollfast RED 1.jpg

Not my bike, I just remembered seeing those lights in a tank like that in the past and pulled the pictures off the web then looked back through The Cabe to locate the old thread. Sorry I couldn't help you out more.
JKent
You help me out A LOT !! Thank you! CCR Dave

Hey Dave I guess I should have been more clear. As we can see this wasn't a homemade thing but was done at the factory. What I meant was the mfr adapted these tail lights as headlights. Monark did a similar thing in 1939 with the Model GT495 when it used a pair of Delta Warner tail lights with clear lenses as headlights. V/r Shawn

Hey Shawn! I did misunderstand that....thank you for the clarification! I Just MIGHT already have a Rollfast that this Tank will fit.......
I know you prefer the PreWar and early Post War bikes......but my early '60's Rollfast (see post #13) has an unusual "TWIN" top tube as well ......
...... (something I don't see much)
That might prevent this Tank from working on it..... BUT, I'll find out soon. (tank is not in my possession yet-in the mail to me)
Thank you for sharing all of your great knowledge! Cheers! CCR Dave

Looks like maybe a Ross that was adapted to use Delta tail lights? V/r Shawn
No adaptation there those light's were specially made for that tank by DELTA , If you notice there is no center fin on the light and the way it mounts to the tank is unique to that tank and not a tail light.

No adaptation there those light's were specially made for that tank by DELTA , If you notice there is no center fin on the light and the way it mounts to the tank is unique to that tank and not a tail light.
That's interesting--and unusual. Must have been a very limited run. V/r Shawn

Rusty: Good eye, picking up on that lack of Center Fin! ------ Now ......... this is probably a silly question (I've never had this type of light--in ANY form) ......................But how the heck do you turn the light On & Off ?? Is this like those "CLAPPING hands" Lights I see on TV ??:eek::D

Rusty: Good eye, picking up on that lack of Center Fin! ------ Now ......... this is probably a silly question (I've never had this type of light--in ANY form) ......................But how the heck do you turn the light On & Off ?? Is this like those "CLAPPING hands" Lights I see on TV ??:eek::D
tighten the lens down closes the switch to turn on loosen the lens to open switch and turn off

Back