When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin w/Gothic guard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=153357334293

1548869621536.png

1548869638777.png

Not familiar with the seller. If someone inquires about it you should ask about the gothic guard they have listed separately in another auction. Looks to be the same guard that is on the bike to me. Same little chips, rust etc.

Yep!
That sucks!
Somebody probably got to them, and told them that the guard was the money shot.
This is a 1939 Sears 53rd Anniversary Special, and that guard is the defining piece.
It's value is in its entirety as an original special edition model.
I would love to be Peter at the Pearly Gate, so that I could remind them of the 1939 Sears 53rd Anniversary Special they killed, and then stamp, DENIED across their forehead.
Next!

That really sucks about the chainguard, if it is the same one in the other listing. The listing for the bike not only shows the chainguard on the bike, but also mentions the beautiful chainguard, which implies that it comes with the bike. Pretty shady of the seller.
If someone buys the bike without seeing the chainguard listed seperately, they're going to think they're getting it with the bike, and they're gonna be pissed.

I messaged the seller:

Question, The pictures show the bike with the chainguard, and in the listing you mention the beautiful chainguard. But you have another listing for what looks like the exact same chainguard that is pictured on this bike.
So does this bike include the chaingard, as your listing implies that it is included, or are you selling the chainguard separately?

Their reply:

Yes if I sell the bicycle complete it will come with the chain guard and I will delete the post with it being sold separately.

I messaged the seller:

Question, The pictures show the bike with the chainguard, and in the listing you mention the beautiful chainguard. But you have another listing for what looks like the exact same chainguard that is pictured on this bike.
So does this bike include the chaingard, as your listing implies that it is included, or are you selling the chainguard separately?

Their reply:

Yes if I sell the bicycle complete it will come with the chain guard and I will delete the post with it being sold separately.
HUH.gif

He's been trying to sell the bike complete for over a month, Facebook, ebay... now he said he's going to part it out.

For what it's worth, he parted it. I have the head shroud. . I hated seeing it all come apart when it was so fully together and such a special model but.. I landed on a Twin myself mostly Complete with the kickstand.. bottom shroud, correct saddle and clamp.. crankset.. bars.. uhn, oh and correct wheels, stem.. this was a much needed part at a pretty fair price after he came down two or three times..

Finally got a guard, now I just need a rack. Probably gonna use an Oriole rack if I can find one

Erin

Back