When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Recent Acquisitions

-

REC

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
In the last few weeks, I got to "re-home" a couple of bikes that caught my eye (and my wallet). Both were just sitting there waiting to get snatched up, so we snatched! The first one has been here longer - it came in January and I have spent a little time with it now over the last few days - just a few minor things done to it.
As it was listed and bought from Chris Hammond:
37 C107.jpg

And with a couple of pieces switched out:
37 C107.JPG

The attempted truss rod swap failed due to incorrect length on the replacements - the intention was to brighten the front up. The rear cover on the hornlite did that to a degree. A different set of trusses helped a little, as did the stem and bars, and the seat looks like it belongs. Cleaned the wheels a little bit too. I have a weakness for black and white.....

And then There was a nice Straightbar from the classifieds here as well. Not black and white, but my next favorite in colors (as listed:(
40 BA-107-1.jpeg

I spent most of the day today putting this bike back together. It is the one I posted the shout out over the packing job that was done. FedEx still beat the rack up a little, but it is straightened out and repositioned now and is fine. I really like this one and am looking for some pieces to give it a little lift in condition.... the shiny parts - if I can find the right stuff.
After re-assembly:
40 BA-107-1.JPG

There is a good chance that the pieces I am looking for may not be here. and if they aren't, it will remain just as shown here. We shall see. I will be looking for the chainguard decal "eye", and may try and replace the ones on the tank. The bike appears to have been painted at some point, but I'm OK with that, and the rack is not original, but is the right age for the bike. I may get to ride it tomorrow. Thanks to Greg on this one!

REC

Back